Monday, February 2, 2015

Blog intro

Okay so all my family and friends have been wanting to know all about my work at moholoholo rehab centre and the rhino orphanage so I've decided to start this blog so everyone can read about my wildlife adventures. So I went to Moholoholo in 2012 and ended up spending two years working there and I loved every minute of it! I met a variety of animals while working there and fell in love with two baby rhinos which is why I am now working at The Rhino Orphanage with lots of babies to love. Throughout this blog I'll add in my stories from moholoholo and will keep you updated on the naughty babies that I live with. 

I'm gonna start by introducing everyone and all the special animals I got to work with at  Moholoholo. First there's Brian, he was my boss at Moholoholo and wow did I learn a lot from him! He has so much knowledge about the bush and all the animals in it as he spent his whole life living in the bush. He taught me so much about the behavior of animals, what to do when they come in injured and how to hand raise many different animals. It just amazed me how good he was with all animals and how he knew everything about the bush. Next up is Cassandra, we worked and lived together at Moholoholo and we're still best friends. She has such a passion for animals and nature which is why we became such good friends. When I arrived there she was raising three adorable cheetah cubs and she's the best cheetah mommy ever! We had so many late nights feeding babies or just staying up and moaning about how tired we were. 

Now for the babies at Moholoholo. My first baby I got to raise there (and the reason I love rhinos so much) is a little white rhino named Dani. She was so sweet and loving and she was convinced that she was a human and not a rhino so she couldn't understand when she was allowed in the house with us. She really loved her milk and if you didn't give it to her fast enough she would cry and whine until she got it. Ollie, a baby black rhino, will always be my favorite little boy. His mom was poached when he was a few months old so he did not trust people at all which made feeding him his bottle a very intimidating task. He was such a little monster as he would run around chasing people up trees and termite hills while I would stand there laughing at everyone. He would often switch between his soft side where he would be sleeping with his head on my lap to his wild side. 


That's the rhinos done at Moholoholo and now for my cutie pie baby giraffe, Melmin! She was a gentle but very clumsy giant. It's like she didn't have control of her long legs and would often run into trees and other objects. Her favorite game was to gallop through a crowd of people as they would all scatter running and screaming which she loved. The last three hooligans in this intro are the three lion cubs... Nandi, Nduna and Mufasa. Nandi was the little princess of the 'pride' and she was definitely the boss. She loved sitting on our laps, even when she was all grown up and would squash us!  Nduna, her brother, was like a cuddly teddy bear. He loved to just laze around in the house instead of playing outside with the others. Mufasa was from a different pride but he soon found his place in our little baby pride. He was quite shy and a bit unsure of people but once you won him over he was very sweet and lovable. 


So that's all the Moholoholo intros done, next time will be intros for The Rhino Orphanage so stay tuned ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment